MARK AITCHISON JOINS SPLITLATH REDMOND FOR BSB CAMPAIGN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARK AITCHISON JOINS SPLITLATH REDMOND FOR BSB CAMPAIGN
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

SPLITLATH Redmond can today reveal former World Superbike pilot Mark Aitchison as the team’s new rider.

The Australian joins the squad to contest the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship and replaces French teenager Florian Marino who parted company with the team last week.

Aitchison will partner John Laverty on board the Aprilia RSV4 and will make his debut for the team as the series heads to Brands Hatch in Kent for Round Seven this weekend.

Having ridden at the previous round at Oulton Park for Quattro Plant Kawasaki, Aitchison now brings his wealth of experience on the world stage in the World Superbike and Supersport Championships to the Splitlath Redmond outfit.

“I’m very much looking forward to joining the Splitlath Redmond team at Brands Hatch,” he said. “The team is new and ambitious and after a lot of talks I am excited about the prospect of working with Tom Larsen and the rest of the crew.

“Having followed the team’s progress I believe that they are moving in the right direction and I feel together we can make some huge steps with the development of the RSV4 and start getting it up towards the sharp end.

“I enjoyed my first BSB outing at Oulton Park. This is a fierce championship with some very strong and talented riders and I am raring to get out there and start working with the Aprilia this weekend at Brands Hatch.”

Team co-owner John Dimbylow is delighted to have the Aussie on board. “We’re all thrilled to have a rider of Mark’s calibre joining us at Splitlath Redmond. He has a proven track record, and in his rookie World Superbike season last year he qualified for Superpole six times.

“His attitude and skills are perfect for what we are working to achieve as we develop the Aprilia into a front-running bike. This is new and exciting time for us as we enter the second half of the season and we feel Mark is the ideal rider to make this journey with us.”

Co-owner Derek Redmond added:

“It’s a great boost to us all to have signed Mark. He has everything we’re looking for and I’m sure will be the perfect addition to the team. We are all looking forward to working with him and are ready for a good weekend at Brands Hatch.”

18-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Website Find Reply