Samsung Honda Prepare to do Battle at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Samsung Honda Prepare to do Battle at Brands Hatch
[Image: samsunghondahdr.jpg]

Samsung Honda head to Kent this weekend for the seventh round of the British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch as the Superbike and Superstock teams prepare to do battle for victories

Michael Laverty lies fourth in the overall standings ahead of the weekend and after missing out on the podium at Oulton Park last time out he is aiming to put the Samsung Honda back on the podium, whilst team-mate Jon Kirkham is hoping that he can turn his season around, having won at the Kent circuit at the season opener.

In the Superstock 1000 Championship, Jason O'Halloran is hunting a victory after a shortened race at the previous round of Oulton Park ended his hopes of another win. Team-mate Gary Johnson is determined to build on his recent results and mount a challenge at the sharp end of proceedings.

Michael Laverty:

The Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit is always one as a rider I look forward to, especially after a tough weekend at Oulton Park. That has never been my best circuit but we were bang on the pace in Assen at the test and I think now we have that out of the way we should be back where we need to be this weekend. I am going into Brands Hatch aiming for six podium credits and pulling back the deficit. I think there is a big group of riders that we could see now coming forward as they try to get inside the top six but at the same time I think it will be the riders we have seen already fighting for the wins. I expect plenty of rivalry this weekend and I know I can’t rule anyone out but I will be aiming for the wins for Samsung Honda.”

Jon Kirkham:

“We are looking forward to Brands Hatch because I have had some good results there in the past and we won on the Indy track earlier in the year; it just seems to suit my style. We started off the weekend well at Oulton Park and then we had some unfortunate moments that put us on the back foot but hopefully this weekend we can just roll out and go for it I think the Samsung Honda will work well there and I am just treating the championship race by race at the moment. I know I have dropped points but it is one of those things that happens in racing sometimes. I just need to focus on the two races this weekend and go out and push hard for results.”

Jason O’Halloran:

“The last few rounds have been quite frustrating for me with the crash at Knockhill and then the race being stopped just at the wrong time for us at Oulton Park. I think though that Brands Hatch has always been good to me, I love the circuit and the atmosphere as it always attracts a big crowd so finger crossed we can have a good weekend for Samsung Honda.”

Gary Johnson:

“I think it should be a good weekend and I am definitely up for it. I haven’t ridden the Grand Prix circuit in a while but I am looking forward to it and hopefully we can keep improving and building on the results we have had already this season.”

Havier Beltran, Team Manager:

“As a team Samsung Honda really are setting our sights high again this weekend in both the Superbike and Superstock classes. Both Michael and Jon head to Brands Hatch following a successful test at Assen and for Michael he is looking for wins again after missing out at Oulton Park and for Jon this should be a track where we see him back to his best. In the Superstock class Jason was unlucky at Oulton Park that the race was red flagged and I am sure that he will be back fighting for podiums this weekend and likewise I think we will see more from Gary at Brands Hatch as he continues to make steps forward at every round.”

(This post was last modified: 19-07-2012, 12:55 PM by Malcolm.)
19-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Website Find Reply