TYCO SUZUKI READY FOR BRANDS BSB BATTLE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO SUZUKI READY FOR BRANDS BSB BATTLE
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki riders Josh Brookes and Alastair Seeley have contrasting jobs on their work sheets for this weekend's seventh round of the 2012 British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch in Kent.

Both riders enjoy the fast-flowing nature of the GP circuit, but for Brookes - who currently holds second place in the championship standings - it's a matter of accumulating additional podium credits, whilst looking to reduce the deficit on main series rivals Tommy Hill and Shakey Byrne.

Seeley will also be confident of mixing it at the business end of proceedings on his GSX-R1000 Superbike at a circuit that has brought him success in the past, but the diminutive Ulsterman's ultimate goal this weekend is to close the gap on the top six and stake his claim on a Showdown place.

Eighteen-year-old American PJ Jacobsen, who made a stunning debut with the team just two weeks ago at Oulton Park in the Superstock class, will make his second appearance in Tyco Suzuki colours at Brands Hatch on the GSX-R1000.

Josh Brookes:

"I do enjoy the GP track at Brands and with the summer break coming up I'll be looking to go into it that little bit closer to Tommy on podium credits, so basically we have to be searching for wins this weekend. The championship top six is starting to take shape and there will be others looking to take podiums this weekend, but I'm feeling confident and I know the Tyco Suzuki package is good for the job. I'm looking forward to it."

Alastair Seeley:

"Brands has been good to me in the past in Superstock, Supersport and Superbike and although I've struggled a little with consistency this year, we've also had some bad luck. Hopefully there's a shift in that this weekend as a couple of podiums here would be a great way to close that gap on the top six. We need to work hard on set-up in the early sessions and get ourselves a good grid position for race one on Sunday."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's a big weekend coming up, but I suppose at this stage they are all big weekends and all very important. Josh has shown tremendous consistency this season and his relaxed but determined attitude has been a joy to watch. Alastair's season has been a bit up and down but as I told him during the week, he's better than his current results are showing and with a bit of confidence he's more than capable of putting on a strong show at Brands. It's nice to welcome PJ back into the fold for a second meeting. He gelled very well with the whole team at Oulton Park and I also think he enjoyed the Irish banter in the garage. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action on the GSX-R1000."

20-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Website Find Reply