MSS BATHAMS KAWASAKI LOOK TO REFIND BRANDS HATCH FORM AT FAVOURED CIRCUIT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MSS BATHAMS KAWASAKI LOOK TO REFIND BRANDS HATCH FORM AT FAVOURED CIRCUIT
[Image: mssbathamslogo.jpg]

The MSS Bathams Kawasaki team boast a full compliment of riders for the first time for several events as they approach one of their favoured and local circuits, Brands Hatch, this weekend.

Danny Buchan makes his British Superbike debut after injuring himself in a MX accident, breaking his back. He lines up alongside the ultra-experienced Michael Rutter who will be looking to regain the form he exhibited at the start of the season.

The two Superbike riders were joined by Superstock duo Leon Hunt and Sandra Stammova at a test at the Kent circuit last week and since then the team have spent time on the dyno creating a flatter power delivery and managing the electronics for the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R.

Team boss Nick Morgan explained his thoughts for the weekend ahead,

“I’m genuinely excited to be giving young Danny his Superbike debut and he knows there’s no pressure, I’d rather see him have two steady rides than in the gravel, particularly in his first outing. It feels an age since we’ve had the whole squad together and although it will be busy, we work better like that. The guys all got a ride out here at Brands last week which was good to have away from a race weekend.

The bike has big power as everyone knows but what we’ve been working on since Oulton is getting a wider spread, taking advantage of the electronics mostly, given there are much more stringent rules on the way these work. Ultimately that should give better grip with the aim of better end of race tyre life. We started the season so strongly in terms of lap times at Brands and Thruxton, we need to regain that sort of form.”

Michael Rutter is now clear of his ‘road racing’ commitments and is looking to have a stronger second half of the BSB season, saying,

“I’ve not had the results I’d have liked recently and we need to put that right at Brands to be honest. The changes the team have been working on should help that and Brands GP circuit is a place I love riding at.”

Danny Buchan couldn’t be more excited about his first BSB ride, saying “I’ve been looking forward to this so much, obviously the timing of getting the nod to ride the bike and then breaking my back was horrendous so I’ve had plenty of time to think about it all. We could have got out sooner but the surgeon made it clear it would be a real bad day out of I came off before it was healed properly. I’ve been doing a hell of a lot of training so I’m ready to go on the big girl.

I got out on the bike last week and I’m under no pressure but of course you want to do your best. There’s loads to learn but as Nick says I’m still young so have plenty of time. I like Brands full circuit a lot so I’m glad that’s where I’ll get my first real ride.”

Metzeler National Superstock 1000 riders Leon Hunt and Sandra Stammova are hoping to make round seven the start of their season turnaround.

Leon said,

“People always say you shouldn’t have a favourite track but Brands GP is definitely mine. It’s an exciting circuit and because I’m local I have great support here.We went testing here last weeke and everything was really positive. I really need some good results for myself now so hopefully this will be the start of that.

Slovakian extreme sports star Sandra said;

“It still feels like, we’re building, building very slowly and I know Brands Hatch much better now so that’s positive. Our test here was good last week, I go into the weekend looking for as much dry track time as possible and hopefully a main race qualification.”

20-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Website Find Reply