Solid Points For Irwin And Nally At Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Solid Points For Irwin And Nally At Brands Hatch
[Image: cnracinglogo.jpg]

The Hebden Bridge based CN Racing team had another good weekend at Brands Hatch with both Glenn Irwin and Cody Nally having some strong rides in the Motorpoint British Supersport and Metzeler National Superstock Championship races.

Having qualified on the third row for the first Supersport race of the day, Irwin got a good start and was running in 13th spot when he was forced to retire on lap three due to a loose exhaust which spelled a premature end to his race.

Race two was more successful for the Carrickfergus rider and he was involved in a fierce battle for eleventh place when the race was red flagged on lap nine due to a crash involving his main Cup rival Luke Jones. The resulting six lap dash suited Irwin and he held his nerve to finish the race in eleventh position and be the second Cup rider home.

Irishman Nally made up for a hard first lap of the Superstock race which saw him drop from ninth to 16th place. Despite this setback, the Athlone rider dug deep to claw his way back up the order to finish eleventh, one place better than he qualified.

Sadly for the team's new recruit Michael Howarth, the Todmorden rider failed to qualify for the race so will be hoping for better luck at Cadwell Park in five weeks time.

Glenn Irwin:

"Luck was certainly against us in the first race but it was just one of those things, which no-one could have done anything about. I lost my way a bit in qualifying and struggled to find a set-up I was really happy with and so took a bit of a gamble for the second race. It didn't quite pay off as I would have liked so the shorter race played into my hands a bit although with Luke going out, it made my task a bit easier. It was a really nasty looking crash so I hope he gets well soon and is back racing at Cadwell."

Cody Nally:

"We're definitely getting there and the team have worked really hard all weekend to give me a great bike so it's pleasing to give them a decent result. We can still make a few small changes to make the bike better still and the team are doing all they can for me so I've got to say a big thanks to them. I didn't make the greatest of starts and made a few small mistakes but, overall, it was a good race for me and I'm happy to get points on the board."

Julia Taylor, Team Principal:

"Overall, it's been a good weekend for the team and we've scored some, good solid results. Obviously, Glenn was disappointed to go out of the first race but got a good finish and more championship points in the second so he's been able to edge away in the battle for the Cup. Like Glenn said, our thoughts are with Luke and we hope he's up on his feet soon.

"It was a fantastic improvement this weekend by Cody and the whole team is really pleased with everything he's doing. Eleventh was a thoroughly deserved result and I'm sure we can give him a little bit more in terms of bike set-up to allow him to challenge week in week out for a top ten finish."

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship Race 1 10 laps

1 Glen Richards (Triumph)
2 Jack Kennedy (Yamaha)
3 Christian Iddon (Triumph)
4 Luke Jones (Triumph)
5 Luke Mossey (Triumph)
6 Ben Wilson (Kawasaki)
DNF Glenn Irwin (Met Healthcare/Megastore 247 supported by CN Racing Yamaha)

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship Race 2 16 laps

1 Jack Kennedy (Yamaha)
2 Glen Richards (Triumph)
3 Billy McConnell (Triumph)
4 Christian Iddon (Triumph)
5 Ben Wilson (Kawasaki)
6 Richard Cooper (Triumph)
11 Glenn Irwin (Met Healthcare/Megastore 247 supported by CN Racing Yamaha)

Championship standings (after 7 rounds)

1 Kennedy 243.5pts
2 Richards 234
3 McConnell 190
4 Wilson 175
5 Warren 129
6 Mossey 119
10 Irwin 80

Metzeler National Superstock 1000cc Championship (15 laps)

1 Jason O'Halloran (Honda)
2 Keith Farmer (Kawasaki)
3 Adam Jenkinson (Honda)
4 Howie Mainwaring (Kawasaki)
5 Victor Cox (Kawasaki)
6 PJ Jacobsen (Suzuki)
11 Cody Nally (CN Racing Honda)

Championship standings (after 9 rounds)

1 Farmer 131pts
2 O'Halloran 130
3 Cox 100
4 Storrar 98