Positive steps for Splitlath Redmond at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Positive steps for Splitlath Redmond at Brands Hatch
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

The Splitlath Redmond team believes it has made a big step forward with the development of the Aprilia RSV4 after Round Seven of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch.

New rider Mark Aitchison scored the team’s best result this season so far when he crossed the line 16th in Race One, but was disappointed to retire from Race Two with a technical fault.

And John Laverty continued his recovery by scoring a 21st in the opening race before backing it up with a 20th in the second.

For Aitchison it has been a positive first weekend with his new team, and the Australian feels he has already made some big steps in the right direction.

“This was our first round together and on the whole I think it was positive. Obviously Sunday didn’t go quite as we’d wanted it to but that’s just one part of it and to be fair, racing is like that sometimes.

“Yes, we have a bit of development work to do on the Aprilia but we have the right team in place to make this happen. We just need to focus on the right elements and I think we can really turn a corner very quickly.”

The 28-year-old added he is looking forward to the rest of the season. “I think it’s looking good. We know where we need to go and what to work on and I’m pretty happy with my first weekend and about where we go from here.

“I’d like to thank everyone in the team who have made me feel so very welcome this weekend. Everyone has been incredibly supportive and I’m very much looking forward to the future with them.”

Laverty meanwhile is also happy with his progress. “I’m certainly feeling stronger now and I’m finding surviving race distance a lot easier,” he said.

“Yes, there’s still a fair way to go but I think with Mark here now we’re able to identify new things and look to new solutions. I think we’re now in a position to move in the right direction and with my fitness improving so well we should be in a good place by the time we get to Cadwell next month.”

Team co-owner John Dimbylow added: “Since Atcho joined us this weekend we have moved forward massively. His knowledge and experience has helped us pin down some issues we’ve had with the bike and I think we’re now in a very good place.

“We’ve got a five week break now until Cadwell Park and together we can really get stuck in and get the bike working as well as we can. Mark is brilliant to work with and has inspired the whole team. I think together we can make huge steps in the right direction.”

23-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Website Find Reply