Simpson and Splitlath Redmond set for Manx Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Simpson and Splitlath Redmond set for Manx Grand Prix
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

Splitlath Redmond and John Simpson will make their Manx Grand Prix debut together later this week.

Simpson, 21, will return to the Wales-based outfit to tackle the two-week event which kicks-off this Saturday, August 18 at the Isle of Man.
It is hoped that this will be the start of a programme of road racing which the team and Simpson will embark upon together, and comes just weeks after the Northern Ireland rider dominated in the Aberdare Road Races in Wales.

Simpson will ride the Splitlath Redmond Triumph 675 in the event, and will contest the Newcomers, Junior and Senior races.

“I’m so excited, I can’t wait to get out there. I’ve had my eye on the Manx for a few years now and to finally get the chance to do it is just great,” he said.

“I really enjoy road racing, it’s a real buzz. I’ve done a few things before but nothing like this. This is a big event, a big course and it’s a big challenge but it’s one I can’t wait to do. I’m raring to get out there and get going.”

[Image: johnsimpson1.jpg]
John Simpson at Aberdare Park last month.
Pic by Clive Challinor

The Manx Grand Prix will be Simpson’s first big road race with the Splitlath Redmond squad, and if all goes well he is expected to contest the Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix in November and then the world famous Isle of Man TT next year alongside American Mark Miller.

“I do love the roads and obviously the TT is the big one which I’m working towards. I think doing the Manx this year is going to be the perfect training for next year’s TT, and I’m hoping we can come back with some good results.

“Obviously this is very different to anything I’ve done previously, and naturally I’m looking at the Newcomers race and hoping I can get a really good result there, but there’s no pressure, not from the team or from myself.

“With an event like the Manx Grand Prix you have to go out there and learn as much as you can about the course during Practice Week, and that’s what I’ll be doing. It’s a totally new challenge but it’s one I’ve wanted to do for a while and I just can’t wait to get on the Splitlath Redmond Triumph and see what we can achieve.”

Team co-owner John Dimbylow is excited to be working with Simpson again. “It’s no secret that we really rate him as a rider and he was the perfect choice for us when we decided we wanted to do the Manx Grand Prix,” he said.

“I genuinely believe he has a real future on the roads and just talking to him you can see how excited he is about the Manx. We’re hoping this can be the start of a really great road racing collaboration and are confident he will do the Splitlath Redmond team proud.”

Simpson will get his first experience of the course when practice week kicks-off on Saturday evening. He will enjoy a week of practice with his first race on Saturday, August 25 and the event culminates with the Senior Manx Grand Prix on Friday, August 31.

15-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Website Find Reply