STATEMENT ISSUED BY PHIL TAUBMAN CLERK OF THE COURSE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STATEMENT ISSUED BY PHIL TAUBMAN CLERK OF THE COURSE
[Image: mgpgreenlogo.jpg]
STATEMENT ISSUED BY PHIL TAUBMAN CLERK OF THE COURSE, MANX GRAND PRIX RACES ON BEHALF OF MANX MOTORCYCLE CLUB

Phil Taubman, Clerk of the Course, Manx Grand Prix has issued the following statement:

Last night’s first Manx Grand Prix practice was reduced to just a newcomers speed controlled lap as we did not have enough marshals to effectively man the whole course safely. In total we were 23 short, 19 of which were in positions on the mountain course.

It was important to take advantage of the favourable conditions to get the speed controlled lap for newcomers completed and as a result we can now run a full session from 6.20pm on Monday for all classes.

We were able to completely open the roads again just before 7pm on Saturday to minimise disruption for local road users.

The met office is currently anticipating favourable weather at the beginning of the week and it is therefore imperative that Monday’s session goes ahead on time. I would urgently request that anyone who is able to marshal for Monday’s session sign on as we need to make sure that riders get the optimum practice opportunities.

Anyone interested in marshalling who has not yet registered should either call 01624 618 191 or report to the green marshals hut behind the grandstand ahead of the session.

(This post was last modified: 19-08-2012, 12:54 PM by Malcolm.)
19-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: STATEMENT ISSUED BY PHIL TAUBMAN CLERK OF THE COURSE
As an outsider but also as a long-time attender at the TT I must show not a little despair at the Marshalling situation and wonder how this has come about and how it can be rectified.....

It is almost like the fact that people are now holding TT and Manx to ransome and this apparently comes out of the threats which manifested themselves not so long ago....Its all very well to say that event "couldn't run without them" but it now appears that certain people are beginning to believe it and hang back before coming forward !!

This is my opinion but it is a very carefully made opinion and if this all goes on we will see the demise of our favourite events...
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
19-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Website Find Reply