Lorenzo buoyant ahead of Czech Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lorenzo buoyant ahead of Czech Grand Prix
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

There’s little time to rest this week for Yamaha Factory Racing riders Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies as the MotoGP paddock moves directly from Indianapolis to Brno in the Czech Republic.

The 2011 Grand Prix proved a challenging one for Lorenzo, a soft tyre choice making it difficult to keep a competitive pace and resulting in a fourth place finish. The Championship leader has a strong record at the circuit with one 125cc victory, two 250cc victories and a maiden GP win in 2010. Lorenzo’s lead in the championship is currently 18 points ahead of Repsol Honda’s Dani Pedrosa.

Spies also considers Brno one of his favourite circuits having recorded fourth in 2010 after being denied pole by a mere 0.338 seconds for his rookie year. The 2011 GP saw him finish in fifth position just 1.5 seconds behind his team mate Lorenzo.

Jorge Lorenzo

"After very little rest we are back in Europe at Brno, a track I really like and where I got a great victory in 2010 on my way to the title. Our tyre choice last year made it difficult to fight for the podium but think this year with the 1000cc we can definitely fight at the front."

Ben Spies

"It was really cool to be back home in the US for a while and see family and friends but unfortunately the two US races were a disaster for me and completely out of my control. I’m looking forward to getting straight back on the bike here at one of my favourite tracks to see if we can finally have a good weekend with no issues."

23-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Website Find Reply