Kennedy ready to take on world
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kennedy ready to take on world
[Image: jackkennedy1.jpg]
Jack Kennedy (leading), is focusing on winning the British Supersport Championship

Dubliner Jack Kennedy returns to British Supersport Championship action this weekend for the Bank Holiday Monday meeting at Cadwell Park, aiming to consolidate his lead at the top of the standings with the Northern Ireland based Mar-Train Yamaha.

The 24-year-old has taken five wins from an impressive podium tally of 11, out of a potential 14 this season so far, and with just 9.5 points separating him and closest rival Glen Richards at the top of the standings he can’t afford to slack off at Cadwell on Sunday and Monday.

The pair had a controversial coming together at Oulton Park last month, with both men crashing out at the final corner while disputing the lead and, as Jack admitted, he’s since had to up his game against the wily old Australian.

“Glen has a lot of experience, but I’ve now shown I can give as good as I get, which I proved at Brands Hatch,” explained Kennedy, referring to his marginal second race victory over the Smiths’ Triumph rider last time out.

“I’ve started to think a lot more on the bike and I’ve been extra clever, so he’ll be doing well to get one over on me again,” he smiled.

Kennedy has been serving his apprenticeship in the middleweight division for a number of seasons and, despite a debut win and a handful of podiums last season, his relationship with Tim and Sonya Martin’s Mar-Train Haulage sponsored team, has visibly added a championship edge to their campaign this time around.

“It’s their first season in British Supersport but the Mar-Train team has a lot of experience and Tim spends his money in the right places, which is on the bikes,” was Kennedy’s honest assessment of his new team.

He added: “Employing Andy Jamison full time to work on and maintain the bikes and also act as my Crew Chief is another area where we benefit, and the rest of the guys do a great job also.”

Kennedy’s emergence as top class Supersport rider has attracted attention from a number of quarters, and he recently made a trip to the World Supersport paddock at Silverstone to distribute his CV — but despite his aspirations, his approach to it all is impressively pragmatic.

“Yeah I’ve love to make the step up to World Supersport but I’d also love to ride in British Superbike as well.

“Where I go will be determined by sponsorship and what money I can get together, but I want to be at the front wherever I go.”

Until then his focus will be on the British Supersport Championship, where he will look to emulate his Northern Ireland counterparts, Michael Laverty and Alastair Seeley, by lifting the championship at the final round on October 14.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
24-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Website Find Reply