Yamaha on the pace despite crashes at Brno
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yamaha on the pace despite crashes at Brno
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

Yamaha Factory Racing riders Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies were back on track today in Brno for the first sessions of the Grand Prix of Czech Republic.

After a very difficult weekend in Indianapolis both riders were enjoying the fast flowing Brno circuit and were quick to find pace in the morning. Both were unfortunate to crash in the afternoon session but no injuries were sustained and both were able to continue. Spies crashed on his preferred bike set up, compromising the remainder of the second session riding with less ideal bike settings whilst Lorenzo was able to continue duelling with Dani Pedrosa for the top two positions.

Jorge Lorenzo

"Today was much better than Indianapolis, we tried to improve the bike but we still need to find some solutions for more grip in the corners. I had a small crash in a slow corner, I tried to lean a little more and found the limit of the grip. I’m quite satisfied overall, we are there with Dani fighting for the best lap time every practice which is good."

Ben Spies

"The second session wasn’t great for us but the first session was really good. We went out in the afternoon and the bike was working really well but we had an older front tyre from the morning on. I just think I might have been pushing a little too hard at that point with the track temperature being a little hotter and we had a small low side crash. Unfortunately the second bike had a very different setting on it, which I wasn’t comfortable on. It was too far off to really make a step forward. We know the pace is good with the original setting so we’ll work on improving that tomorrow."

25-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Website Find Reply