LONE RANGER HILL TAKES CADWELL PARK DOUBLE VICTORY FOR SWAN YAMAHA
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
LONE RANGER HILL TAKES CADWELL PARK DOUBLE VICTORY FOR SWAN YAMAHA
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

Tommy Hill scored a sensational double win at the eighth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Cadwell Park on the lone Swan Yamaha after team-mate Noriyuki Haga was sidelined through injury after his crash yesterday.

In the opening race Hill took the lead on the opening lap before championship rival Michael Laverty made a pass. However the defending champion regained the lead on the third lap with a move at Coppice before holding an advantage over Alex Lowes and Laverty to claim the victory. In race two Hill again fought with Laverty to take the lead before edging out a two second advantage at the line to score six podium credits for his title bid ahead of the beckoning Showdown.

Haga was unable to compete today after sustaining a broken collarbone in yesterday’s final free practice session, however is aiming to return to the final round ahead of the Showdown at Donington Park in two weeks’ time.

Hill said:

“It is great to have a double win here at Cadwell Park, it is a really physical circuit and the races are never easy. I think the nature of it has made my shoulder injury from last year reappear but other than that it was good for us. We knew we had a good pace and our aim was to get those six podium credits and that is what we did so it’s onwards and upwards for Donington Park now.”

Team owner Shaun Muir concluded:

“I am really happy with Tommy, today was another excellent display and I couldn’t have asked for anymore from him. It was disappointing for the team and Noriyuki that he was unable to race this weekend. I would like to say congratulations to Team WFR Honda on their first podium and this has just given us an even greater challenge. We are still in with a fighting chance of Noriyuki making the Showdown and whilst it was a shame for all his fans that he couldn’t compete in the races today he is targeting a return at Donington Park and will continue to chase for a place in the Showdown.”

27-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Website Find Reply