Statement issued by Manx Grand Prix organisers
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Statement issued by Manx Grand Prix organisers
[Image: mgpgreenlogo.jpg]

The following statement has been issued on behalf of the Manx Grand Prix organisers.

"The Manx Motor Cycle Club, the organisers of the Manx Grand Prix, regret to announce the death of Trevor Ferguson, 48, from Castlecaulfield, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland following an incident at ‘The Nook’ on the approach to Governors Dip during today’s SuperTwin Manx Grand Prix Race."

"Trevor, a shop owner, was an experienced racer on the Mountain Course. He first competed in the 2006 Manx Grand Prix and took part in six meetings. He had a highest placed sixth in the 2008 Junior Manx Grand Prix and recorded 12 finishes around the Mountain Course including an 11th place in this year’s Junior Manx Grand Prix, for which he received a replica."

"Trevor, who was TT and MGP race winner Ryan Farquhar’s Uncle, was competing on one of Ryan’s KMR Kawasaki’s and was running in second place on the second lap of today’s SuperTwin race when the incident occurred."

[Image: trevorferguson.jpg]

"Harvey Garton, Chairman of the Manx Motor Cycle Club, commented:

“Trevor was a major part of the Manx Grand Prix family and his support for the event was hugely appreciated. He was a very committed rider who loved racing around the Mountain Course on the Isle of Man and was enjoying a strong race today. On behalf of the Manx Motor Cycle Club I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to his family and friends.”

"Trevor was married with three children and his next of kin have been informed."

"The Coroner of Inquests has been notified and an investigation into the circumstances of the accident is underway."

(This post was last modified: 29-08-2012, 06:07 PM by Malcolm.)
29-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
RE: Statement issued by Manx Grand Prix organisers
What looked like a great day for my locals, Ryan winning the 500 classic, and Nigel doing like wise in the twins race, turned to one of sadness, when i heard the news, i was just totally devastated. I have known Trevor for a long time, rmeember him starting in 350 class, with my friend Phelim Owens, there was always great rivalry between them, he suffered a big crash at Kirkistown, badly broken leg, but returned to the action again, and he has been racing ever since, a broken wrist a few years ago, didnt slow him.
Great fella, always time for a chat, but most important in my mind, and True and Loving Father/husband, Family man.
To his family and friends, I ooofer my deepest sympathies.
RIP Trevor
Thanks for the Memories
God Bless.
Baylon
29-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Website Find Reply