Sixth placed Lowes aims to complete Showdown mission
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sixth placed Lowes aims to complete Showdown mission
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

WFR Honda's Alex Lowes moved inside the top six for the first time this season following his maiden podium finish last time out at Cadwell Park and now holds a six point buffer over closest rival Ian Lowry as he aims to complete his mission to make the Showdown at Donington Park this weekend.

Lowes topped the recent official test at Donington Park and with confidence high the Lincolnshire young gun is determined to hold his position as he expects to come under fire from rivals Ian Lowry and Noriyuki Haga, with currently just twelve points between the three of them ahead of this weekend.

Lowes said:

"It felt awesome to be on the podium at Cadwell Park and it had been coming as we have been making big improvements as a team. The boys did a fantastic job and my confidence has been building which makes a big difference. We expected to be fighting for the top six at the start of the season and it didn't quite start like that, but now we are there we just need to keep pushing to stay there. We can't approach the weekend any differently and I think it will be between me, Haga and Lowry for the last place, but I am just going to do my own thing and see what happens. The top six was the goal at the start of the season; the team deserve it and that is still our mission."

03-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Website Find Reply