WATERS TO CONTEST BRITISH SUPERSPORT SERIES
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
WATERS TO CONTEST BRITISH SUPERSPORT SERIES
[Image: suzukiplainhdr.jpg]

Team Suzuki's Australian Supersport rider Brodie Waters is set to race in the final three rounds of the hotly-contested Motorpoint British Supersport Championship with backing from Hampshire Motorcycles Racing Team - and with a long-term plan of moving to the UK to contest the 2013 series.

The 20-year-old from Mildura, Victoria - younger brother of Suzuki's Australian Superbike contender and Yoshimura Suzuki's Suzuka 8-Hour team member Josh Waters - will join the team for the 10th round of the MCE British Superbike Championship at Assen in Holland on September 21-23rd; the first time the series has ventured out of the UK.

Waters will ride a GSX-R600 prepared and developed by Hampshire Motorcycles in conjunction with technical tuning expert Marc Hoegee after his commitments to the Australian Superbike Championship finish next weekend (September 14-16th); a series he is in contention to win, being just half-a-point off the lead following his double victory at Phillip Island a fortnight ago.

Said Waters:

"I'm very excited about heading over and I am looking forward to riding some European circuits for the first time. Assen will be an exciting circuit for everyone as this is the first time British Superbikes is racing on this circuit, so it will put all riders on an even playing field."

Dave Tyson from Hampshire Motorcycles said:

"Bringing someone of Brodie's ability to the BSB shows our intentions for the rest of this season and 2013. I am sure with his knowledge of the GSX-R600 Suzuki out in Australia he will also bring experience to the team. This will bring the Suzuki back to the front of the British Supersport Championship it won in 2011 and with Assen being a new circuit to most riders; no one has an advantage of circuit knowledge. I would like to thank our sponsors during this development year; WK Bikes, Hel Performance.com and Hoegee motortechnik"

03-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Website Find Reply