SWAN YAMAHA SEEK SECOND SHOWDOWN SPOT AS HAGA TARGETS RETURN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN YAMAHA SEEK SECOND SHOWDOWN SPOT AS HAGA TARGETS RETURN
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

Swan Yamaha return to Donington Park this weekend (7/8/9 September) for the final round of the Main Season ahead of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship Showdown. Defending champion Tommy Hill leads the standings with his position confirmed as a Title Fighter and team-mate Noriyuki Haga is targeting a return in his quest to elevate himself back into the top six in the overall standings.

Hill took a double win last time out at Cadwell Park and the defending champion is targeting another double win and the subsequent six podium credits in a bid to have the best possible advantage ahead of the Showdown which starts at the TT Circuit Assen on 21/22/23 September. Hill currently heads the Podium Credit table from his closest title rival with a nine credit advantage.

Haga targets his return after being sidelined for the previous two races at Cadwell Park after sustaining a collarbone injury; however the former World Superbike Championship contender is determined to make a return to the top six and close the current 12 points deficit to sixth place in the standings. The Leicestershire circuit has been a happy hunting ground for Haga in the past; having scored WSB race wins and a podium finish there.

Hill said:

“We are going into this last round of the main season knowing that we are safe in the Showdown, but also that every podium credit counts and can make the difference between winning the title so we need to be aiming for those six credits. We can use this round to try and keep moving forward, test some new settings so that we have tried what we need to before the first Showdown round at Assen. We haven’t tested at Donington and most of the other riders have, but that doesn’t faze me it just makes me hungrier. Ideally we can have another good weekend and get the Swan Yamaha back on the podium so we can be ready for the Showdown.”

Haga said:

“The recovery is going well and I get better every day. Still I have some pain, but of course I come back for Donington to make a good fight to get back to six position. I'll give my 200% to Donington. The crash was a shame and I was very disappointment because I lost two races and lost my championship position and went sixth to eighth. I like the track and I have good memory that I have won WSB races there. I will put everything on my full experience and try very hard.”

04-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Website Find Reply