Classic racers vow not to return to new look MGP 2013
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Classic racers vow not to return to new look MGP 2013
[Image: mgpgreenlogo.jpg]

Organisers of the Manx Grand Prix have said against all odds a good event was able to be delivered this year, despite the constant threat of weather stopping play.

This year’s MGP signified the last race meet of this format, with radical changes set to be implemented from next year.

With a new emphasis on the classic machines initial plans from the Department of Economic Development were met by uproar from the racing community.

The revised proposals however seemed to take on board a number of the initial concerns, and were met by a much warmer response from the initial detractors.

Chairman of the Manx Motorcycle Club Harvey Garton has said there is still a fraction of riders who have vowed not to return for future events:

[Image: energyfmlogo.gif]
05-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Website Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Classic racers vow not to return to new look MGP 2013
(05-09-2012, 10:34 AM)Malcolm Wrote:
[Image: mgpgreenlogo.jpg]

Chairman of the Manx Motorcycle Club Harvey Garton has said there is still a fraction of riders who have vowed not to return for future events:

[Image: energyfmlogo.gif]

Thats not what Mr Kniveton says, and after all, he should know, he's done research into this sort of thing. Icon_lolIcon_lol
05-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
If you read the proposals i get the impression that only the first three will get on the podium ie the GP riders. There will be only an award for the first Clubman home, not a full podium. they have taken away the hope that alot of the lads have of reaching the podium one day. As a 250 owner, i doubt i will be taking it back as there is only an award for the first 250 classic home, no podium. Too much effort to get them ready to support the Trophy hunting TT riders.
06-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

Threads: 0
(06-09-2012, 10:20 AM)shipleymanx Wrote: If you read the proposals i get the impression that only the first three will get on the podium ie the GP riders. There will be only an award for the first Clubman home, not a full podium. they have taken away the hope that alot of the lads have of reaching the podium one day. As a 250 owner, i doubt i will be taking it back as there is only an award for the first 250 classic home, no podium. Too much effort to get them ready to support the Trophy hunting TT riders.

I thought it was the taking part that counts, not the winning. If people vow not to return thats their loss. There will be many more who will want to.
Sour grapes from the MMCC who could have made a great meeting as Mr Phillips has done but obviously had their heads up too far where the sun doesnt shine.
01-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

Threads: 0
(06-09-2012, 10:20 AM)shipleymanx Wrote: If you read the proposals i get the impression that only the first three will get on the podium ie the GP riders. There will be only an award for the first Clubman home, not a full podium. they have taken away the hope that alot of the lads have of reaching the podium one day. As a 250 owner, i doubt i will be taking it back as there is only an award for the first 250 classic home, no podium. Too much effort to get them ready to support the Trophy hunting TT riders.

Perhaps you should read this as well..............................

PRIVATEER STATUS RIDERS

In all 6 Classic TT Races, the first Privateer Status rider of any race sub class in the final results will still be included in the post race winner’s enclosure and garlanding ceremonies if that competitor has finished outside the first three overall. The rider will also receive a special award marking the achievement to be presented at the official prize presentation.
02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Find Reply