Triple charged: Mackenzie reunited with Cadburys Boost Yamaha at Donington
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Triple charged: Mackenzie reunited with Cadburys Boost Yamaha at Donington
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Triple British Superbike champion Niall Mackenzie will be reunited on track with the iconic Cadburys Boost Yamaha that he last rode to title-winning success in 1998 by completing laps at Donington Park this weekend.

Mackenzie will ride the Cadburys Boost YZF 750 as part of a lap of honour for the late Robert Fearnall on Friday, with this the first time he has rode the bike since winning a record-breaking third title in 1998. The distinctive purple Yamaha, which is owned by Mackenzie, took him to six race wins and a further seven podium finishes that season, including a victory at the Leicestershire circuit. Mackenzie and the Cadburys Boost Yamaha team had won consecutive BSB titles after defeating the opposition including former team-mates James Whitham, Chris Walker and the late Steve Hislop plus BSB title winners Troy Bayliss and John Reynolds.

[Image: mckenzieonboostbike.jpg]

Mackenzie said:

"It is a real honour to be part of the tribute to Robert, particularly as he had such a big involvement with the championship in that era. Yamaha had given me the bike for winning the championship and that one hasn't been ridden since winning the title. It is fitting for it to have its return to the track at Donington Park as we won races there in '96, '97 and '98. I started it up for the first time in a while last week and it still sounds mint. I am quite excited about getting back on it again; the leathers are coming back out and it will be a really special occasion."

05-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Website Find Reply