IofM Government Dep't of ED Publishes Proposals for new Classic TT Races
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
RE: IofM Government Dep't of ED Publishes Proposals for new Classic TT Races
Time to revive this thread... I am still wondering about the accounting of it all.. As a foreigner, I seek knowledge... The method of counting attendence is by the number of bikes on the Ferry boats during the two week period.. I do not see how this could be accurate... I just don't...

We know a few things... in no special order...

1. Some Manx residents do leave the Island during race periods..
2. The racers and crews (and bikes) often arrive days or weeks before hand.. and never get counted..
3. Lots of bikes come over inside of a van or in a container and are never counted.
4. Air passengers are not counted (is this correct..??)
5. Both the Steam Packet and the Air Lines KNOW not only how many people come and go during this period, but they know the country of origin..!

So, looking at number 5 above... why not use the most accurate data..? And how will the numbers look next year if the inaccuracies continue..?? I would bet that the real numbers (for this year at least) are still in the Steam Packet and Air Lines data base.. I can wonder how far back they could go...

Just me... dreaming of what is to come next year...

Ron
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2012, 05:12 PM by Gstarron.)
30-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IofM Government Dep't of ED Publishes Proposals for new Classic TT Races - by Gstarron - 30-10-2012, 05:10 PM