FIXI CRESCENT SUZUKI SET FOR ‘THE RING’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FIXI CRESCENT SUZUKI SET FOR ‘THE RING’
[Image: crescentfixilogo.jpg]

FIXI Crescent Suzuki has made a cross-European road-trip to the famous Nürburgring in Germany for the 12th round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship this coming weekend.

Leon Camier and John Hopkins will both be heading to the German circuit aiming to build on the promising performances last time out in Russia. Camier is still suffering the after-effects of a huge crash from the last event, but is determined to not let this hamper him at the 5,137m track, whilst Hopkins is planning on improving on his recent best results, by going for top-fives in Germany on his Yoshimura-powered GSX-R1000.

The Nürburgring is located about 70kms south of Cologne and is built around the village of Nürburg, in the Eifel region of Germany. The huge and historical complex features a Grand Prix race track that was built in 1984, as well as the longer old North loop track, or Nordschleife as it is better known, which was built in the 1920s and is considered to be one of the most demanding and difficult racing circuits in the world. The Nordschleife has remained a one-way, public toll-road for nearly 80 years and anyone with a road legal car or motorcycle - as well as tour buses, motor homes, or even cars with trailers - is welcome to take the challenge of this iconic circuit and as such has become a must-do for many race enthusiasts and petrol-heads alike.

This weekend's World Superbike action will get underway on Friday morning with the first free practice session, followed by the opening qualifying period in the afternoon. Saturday morning will have a second qualifying session to confirm the 16-riders that will progress towards that afternoon's Superpole. The first of Sunday's two races - both to be held over 20-laps - will see the lights change for go at 12.00hrs local time (11.00hrs BST); with the second event set to get underway at 15.30hrs local time (14.30hrs BST).

Leon Camier:

"I saw my osteopath yesterday and he told me that there is some damage to the muscle above my right hip. I'm a little stiff, but it's not going to affect me on the bike and I'm looking forward to riding this weekend. The Nurburgring hasn't been particularly lucky for me - I broke my wrist there in 2010 and last year the weather was awful. I like the track, with its ups and downs and it has a few interesting technical places where you have to know what you are doing. I'm not sure how the FIXI Crescent Suzuki will go round there, but we've made good progress recently and hopefully we can qualify well and have a good weekend."

John Hopkins:

"I don't have any good memories of the Nürburgring, because the last time I was there in 2009 I was run over on the first lap of race one and got knocked out! What I do remember is that it's quite a technical circuit, with a bit of everything and also many elevation changes. There's a mix of fast and twisty corners but I think the FIXI Crescent Suzuki's chassis should work pretty well there. We've had our best races of the season in the last two rounds and I think we'll continue to get better. I'm going to Nurburgring with the hopes of getting our best results this season and I'll be doing everything possible to finish both races inside of the top-five."

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

"As well as the Crescent-based team, I know that Yoshimura have been working hard in Japan and I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements they have made. Recently there have been good signs that our hard work is paying off and we can be competitive. If Leon had not been involved in a crash during practice in Russia, he would've finished much higher up the grid than the fifth row and would've challenged the leaders for sure. Our aim this weekend, as usual, is to have both Leon and John qualify well and take it from there. I feel we haven't showed our true potential, but I'm looking forward to the Nürburgring and our guys fighting with the leaders."

06-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Website Find Reply