Brookes signs for 2013 BSB with Tyco Suzuki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes signs for 2013 BSB with Tyco Suzuki
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

As the Showdown gets underway this weekend at Assen, the Tyco Suzuki team have today (Wednesday) confirmed the signing of title contender Josh Brookes for the 2013 BSB Championship.

The announcement is the first rider signing of the 2013 season as Brookes currently lies second in the overall standings for the Northern Irish based team and is in a strong position to challenge for a maiden title this year. The signing means the Australian will remain with the team for a third consecutive season who are determined to add to their Supersport and Superstock titles.

Brookes said:

"I'm with the best team in the BSB paddock, so I'd have to say: 'why would I leave?' It was all pretty straightforward and an easy decision to make if I'm honest. Philip put a deal in front of me that for me, proved my value to the team and made me realise that they really wanted me there for 2013.

"It's nice to know they value me as the rider they want to win a championship with, and I appreciate that. It took me a while to begin with, but I'm very happy riding the GSX-R1000 and they've built a good team around me - so for me, continuing was the only option. It's important for me to be in a comfortable environment as there's enough stress during the year, and Tyco Suzuki provides that."

Team manager Phillip Neil concluded:

"While we still have a lot of work to do this season and our focus is one hundred percent on the job in hand, which is to try and win the BSB title with Josh in October - I must admit it is really satisfying to have secured his services for 2013 at this early stage. It is also reassuring for us to have maintained our position with Suzuki and our title sponsor, Tyco Security Products for another year.

"It really was an easy negotiation with Josh, and I would go as far to say, it was never in any doubt. When the rider is happy with his team, and the team, manufacturer and sponsors are comfortable with the rider, the outcome is usually inevitable - as it was in this case."

19-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Website Find Reply