Smrz ready for Splitlath Redmond BSB debut at Assen
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Smrz ready for Splitlath Redmond BSB debut at Assen
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

SPLITLATH Redmond new arrival Jakub Smrz is raring to go ahead of his MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship debut at the TT Circuit Assen this weekend.

Kuba will make his first outing on the team’s Aprilia RSV4 machine at one of his favourite circuits, and the place where he claimed his first WSB podium.

He will be joined this weekend by Australian Troy Herfoss, who makes his second appearance for the team as countryman Mark Aitchison continues to recover from his tricky finger injury.

For Kuba, it will be a busy weekend where he will need to get to grips with a brand new bike. But he has previous experience riding an Aprilia on the WSB stage, and admits that for him, Assen is the perfect place to start with his new team.

“It is one of my favourite tracks where I have many nice moments to remember like my first WSB podium and few first row starts. I think that Assen is the best track where we can start,” he revealed.

“I rode an Aprilia for four races in WSB and have also done some testing with my father’s team’s Superstock bike. I liked it a lot and made a few good results with it, but at the moment it’s hard to say if this experience will be useful.

“The BSB bike is very different to the ones I’ve ridden before and unfortunately we have not had a chance to test the Splitlath Redmond bike before this weekend, so everything is going to be new.

“Until we arrive it’s hard to have any expectations. Of course I will have some advantage in Assen because I know the track really well and have always been fast there. At the moment the main goal is to find a good feeling and to improve practice by practice and work hard to get as close to the top as possible.”

While the Czech Republic rider has a lot of WSB experience under his belt, he admits arriving in BSB is something completely new, and a challenge he can’t wait to begin.

“For sure, I am very excited for this new experience and I know this is a difficult championship with many fast riders. Whenever I have had time I have always watched BSB races and I am happy to be joining all those guys.

“Already, before coming to my first BSB event, I feel very well and happy with my new team and I can’t wait to meet all of them and begin our work together.”

Herfoss is another rider who knows his way around Assen very well, and as he prepares for his second round with the Splitlath Redmond team, he will be building on his Donington Park experience to get his machine higher up the order at a track he loves.

“This weekend I think it’s possible to be a lot higher placed, and depending on how I adapt to the bike this time I would like to think I can ride into the top 10,” he said.

“At this track I have been fast all year and not everyone has tested here. Also, having Kuba beside me can only be a help and motivation.
“Mostly I'm just appreciative that the team has given me another opportunity to work with them again.”

20-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Website Find Reply