SWAN YAMAHA UPBEAT DESPITE CHALLENGES OF OPENING DAY AT ASSEN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN YAMAHA UPBEAT DESPITE CHALLENGES OF OPENING DAY AT ASSEN
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship Showdown got underway at the legendary Assen circuit today but it was a challenging start for both Tommy Hill and Noriyuki Haga this afternoon; however both riders are feeling positive ahead of qualifying.

Hill had set the fifth fastest time in the opening session and was building up his pace this afternoon as he bids to extend his ten point championship lead in the two races this weekend. The second free practice session started well for the defending champion but a crash in the final 15 minutes ended his final run on circuit, leaving him ninth fastest. Haga returned to the circuit where he has celebrated success in the World Championship by running sixth fastest this morning but this afternoon his progress was halted with a technical problem halfway through the session.

Hill said:

“We headed out on used tyres just to get more feel on how the bike will be for race distance and to try and move forward with the overall package. It was a shame we didn't get a run at the end of the session on a new tyre because the crash ended our track time today; there is lots of time to be made around here with new grip. Overall though the package is feeling better and hopefully after our team meeting we can move forward again tomorrow for qualifying with my speed and setup.”

Haga said:

“I have a good feeling about being back here at Assen, because I know the circuit from World Superbike. This morning I felt happy and we had good grip but this afternoon we made some changes and it wasn’t as good to push hard. We have a good plan for tomorrow to work to improve this as in the second session we lost time because we had a technical problem but we will be ready for qualifying.”

22-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Website Find Reply