BROOKES ON THE PACE AT ASSEN BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES ON THE PACE AT ASSEN BSB
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's Josh Brookes finished the opening day of the 2012 British Superbike Showdown at Assen in the Netherlands with the second fastest time on his GSX-R1000; the Australian holding provisional Pole Position before being edged out at the last minute.

Team-mate Alastair Seeley made a quantum leap with his lap times in the second session, shaving over two seconds from his FP1 time and pushing himself into the top 20 on his first visit to the TT Circuit.

In the British Supersport class, American PJ Jacobsen didn't take long to familiarise himself with the 2011 British Supersport Championship-winning GSX-R600, posting the fifth best time in FP2 and shaving three seconds from his opening session time.

Josh Brookes:

"The bike was sore on the tyre in the opening session and we were suffering from chatter, so we made a few changes that adjusted the feel but didn't cure the problem; then we made a further change mid-way through the session that did work for us. It also reduced the chatter and improved grip. I came in for a fresh tyre and went P1 but just dropped down to P2 at the end of the session, but we're ready to go again tomorrow.

Alastair Seeley:

"I'm still getting to grips with the circuit but the bike feels better with the changes we've made and I fully expect the times to get better as the weekend progresses. Changing my position on the bike has certainly improved my feeling, so with that, it will hopefully bring added confidence and get us back that little but closer to the sharp end."

PJ Jacobsen:

"Today went pretty well and I'm happy with the opening sessions. The GSX-R600 is giving me great feedback and works well round here, it was kind-of-a rush job getting up to speed with a new bike, but it's all positive. We've made decent progress and I'm confident we can do a good job tomorrow."

British Superbike - Free Practice 2:

1 Alex Lowes [Honda] 1:37.893
2 Josh Brookes [Tyco Suzuki] +0.282
3 Shane Byrne [Kawasaki] +0.572
4 Michael Laverty [Honda] +0.868
5 Jakub SMRZ [Aprilia] +0.950
6 Barry Burrell [BMW] +1.071
18 Alastair Seeley [Tyco Suzuki] +1:40.316 [+2.423]

British Supersport - Free Practice 2:

1 Jack Kennedy [Yamaha] 1:40.255
2 Raymond Schouten [Yamaha] +0.222
3 Glen Richards [Triumph] +0.250