HILL AIMING TO TURN SHOWDOWN STANDINGS AROUND WITH SILVERSTONE SUCCESS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HILL AIMING TO TURN SHOWDOWN STANDINGS AROUND WITH SILVERSTONE SUCCESS
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship Showdown continues this weekend (28/29/30 September) as the Swan Yamaha team head to Silverstone for the penultimate round of the season and Tommy Hill will be setting out for success at the Northamptonshire circuit.

Defending champion Hill endured a tough event at Assen last weekend, but he has already put that disappointment behind him as he sets out to close down the 22 point deficit in the standings to leader Josh Brookes. Hill arrives at the circuit in third position in the title chase but in the knowledge that last season he scored a double podium finish.

On the other side of the garage Noriyuki Haga returns to the circuit where he has previously claimed six podium finishes and a victory in the World Superbike Championship. Having found a direction with the setup that gave him more confidence at Assen, he is seeking a return to the podium again.

Hill said:

“We had a disappointing start to the Showdown and our title defence but it also shows how quickly the championship can turn around. Last weekend was definitely not what we needed; we need to be winning races. As the saying goes it is all for us to gain and everyone else’s to lose at Silverstone. Hopefully we can push on and if the others have some bad luck then we can be back up there ready for the three races at Brands Hatch. We will be coming out at Silverstone to ride at the top of our game; nothing but wins will do from now until the last race of the season. We are now on the back foot but it can all change so quickly; we know the job ahead and we won’t be giving up yet!”

Haga said:

“At Assen we found a good direction with the setting and we feel positive that this could work at Silverstone too. I like this track as before in World Superbike I have had good results there and know the track well. My shoulder has not had time to improve any more as there is little time between races but I still try hard to get podiums.”

26-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Website Find Reply