Samsung Honda Bid to Reclaim Ground at Silverstone Showdown Round
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Samsung Honda Bid to Reclaim Ground at Silverstone Showdown Round
[Image: samsunghondahdr.jpg]

The Samsung Honda team arrive at Silverstone for the penultimate round of the British Superbike Championship this weekend as Michael Laverty bids to close down the deficit in the standings to the title leaders.

After a disappointing weekend at Assen, Laverty needs to close in on the 38 point advantage that current leader Josh Brookes holds ahead of the two races this weekend and he is determined to fight back this weekend. Jon Kirkham is looking to build on his previous results in his quest to end the season on a high and claim valuable points in his quest to finish seventh in the standings and win the BSB Riders Cup.

In the Superstock 1000 Championship, Jason O'Halloran is just nine points adrift of the series leader and on his return to the Northamptonshire circuit is gunning for glory whilst team-mate Gary Johnson is keen to continue his recent run of solid results.

Michael Laverty:

“I was really disappointed with my worst round of the year last weekend. There was nothing much more we could have done as we worked so hard and we went home feeling dejected but we need to bounce back now with a nothing to lose attitude at Silverstone. We will come back swinging; we were fast there last year and it is a circuit we haven’t been to yet on the Honda but we need to bounce back and come out stronger this weekend.”

Jon Kirkham:

“I am looking forward to being back at Silverstone as it was a good round for me last year. I have put the last couple of rounds behind me and I think we have made progress so we just need to try and continue that this weekend.”

Jason O’Halloran:

“Silverstone is a world class circuit and after missing out on racing there last year I am really looking forward to getting back out this weekend. I had a podium finish there in 2010 and hopefully we can have another strong performance this weekend to close Keith down in the standings.”

Gary Johnson:

“We have been getting up there with every round so we want to come out and have another better weekend here. We know what we are all capable of so hopefully this is the round we get closer to where we want to be.”

Havier Beltran, Team Manager:

“We arrive at Silverstone knowing that we really need to close the gap in the standings this weekend to give us the best possible chance at the title before Brands Hatch.”

28-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Website Find Reply