SILVERSTONE FRONT ROWS FOR TYCO SUZUKI
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SILVERSTONE FRONT ROWS FOR TYCO SUZUKI
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Josh Brookes and PJ Jacobsen will start from the front row of their respective class grids in tomorrow's opening British Superbike and National 1000cc Superstock races at Silverstone.

BSB Championship leader Brookes qualified his Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superbike in fourth place for the 11th and penultimate event of the 12-round series with Jacobsen continuing to impress with second place in National Superstock class on his Silverstone debut. Brookes' team mate Alastair Seeley will start the opening BSB race from row six.

Josh Brookes:

"I'm happy to be on the front row which almost guarantees a good position into the first turn. Tyre preservation will be a key in tomorrow's races so it's important just to get away with that first group and follow, letting someone else do the early work. Today was more about working on the bike set-up than busting out a lap time, as in my opinion, that won't amount to much tomorrow."

PJ Jacobsen:

"We didn't make too many changes to my GSX-R1000 today as it was all about gaining more track time and knowledge and we went faster and faster as the session progressed. It was about being smooth and putting together a couple of good laps and we achieved that with P2 and the front row which I'm happy with."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It was another difficult start to the weekend to be fair, but all credit to the boys on Josh's side of the garage for repairing his bike after the crash at Stowe in FP3 prior to qualifying. A front-row start for Josh is positive and the performance PJ produced was phenomenal: P2 and being so close to pole on his debut at Silverstone, and having just jumped off the Tyco Suzuki GSX-R600 back onto the 1000cc machine is a credit to his obvious talent."

British Superbike Qualifying:

1 Alex Lowes [Honda] 2:05.662, 2 Tommy Hill [Yamaha] 2:06.487, 3 Michael Laverty [Honda] 2:06.553, 4 Josh Brookes [Tyco Suzuki] 2:06.702, 5 Shane Byrne [Kawasaki] 2:06.775, 6 Chris Walker [Kawasaki] 2:07.154.

National 1000cc Superstock Qualifying:

1 Keith Farmer [Kawasaki] 2:09.749, 2 PJ Jacobsen [Tyco Suzuki] +0.137, 3 Jason O'Halloran [Honda] +0.496, 4 Steve Brogan [BMW] +0.958, 5 David Johnson [BMW] +1.121, 6 Jonathan Railton [Kawasaki] +1.212.

29-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Website Find Reply