HILL CLAIMS FRONT ROW START IN SILVERSTONE QUALIFYING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HILL CLAIMS FRONT ROW START IN SILVERSTONE QUALIFYING
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

Swan Yamaha’s Tommy Hill claimed his tenth front row start of the season at Silverstone today at the penultimate round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship and will start from second on the grid whilst team-mate Noriyuki Haga will start from the fifth row.

Hill had continued to build his momentum throughout the free practice sessions and working hard with the Swan Yamaha team members worked hard to perfect the set up ahead of tomorrow’s two races. Hill was 0.825 seconds adrift of pole-sitter Alex Lowes as he bids to close the 22 point deficit to championship leader Josh Brookes in the standings. Haga continued to have difficulties to find a setting he was comfortable with and faces an uphill challenge in the opening race tomorrow.

Hill said:

“It is good to be back on the front row and hopefully we won’t have any more stunts tomorrow in the races! We have knuckled down again and have been getting on with business as we really want wins bad. Qualifying was good for us and we have made good changes each session. We can’t have any excuses and we know where we need to be for the races tomorrow. We need to get stuck in and get some results to get points in the bag and move forward. I am feeling pretty confident and we need to go out to get results tomorrow to try and win this championship again.”

Haga said:

“Today we have tried lots of changes again but we have the same issue as yesterday. We have good speed but I still do not have the grip in the corners so that I can push harder and improve my lap time. We have some changes to try in warm up and I hope for a good result in the races tomorrow.”

29-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Website Find Reply