Stoner return confirmed for Motegi
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Stoner return confirmed for Motegi
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

On his Blog on Repsol.com, Casey Stoner has announced he will return from injury for the MotoGP™ race in Motegi in just under two weeks time.

The Australian wrote: "It's been another quiet week here in Australia, I've been resting, having some physio and following doctor's orders to recover. The good news is that I feel I can race in Motegi and will be re-joining my team next week and I can't wait to get back on track!

"This weekend I'm off to the V8's at Bathurst, I was lucky enough to go there last year also and it is truly one of the greatest motorsport events of the year, so I'm really happy to be going again this year.

"Thanks for all the kind messages on this blog, I look forward to return in Motegi in front of all the Honda home fans!"

[Image: stonerbikepose.jpg]

The Repsol Honda rider has not contested a GP since braving the pain in Indianapolis, where he severely injured his right ankle in a big highside. He subsequently had surgery in his native Australia and has been resting there since, while WSBK rider Jonathan Rea has filled in for him in the last two races.

Stoner’s record stands at one win and three podiums at the Motegi circuit. He no longer has a mathematical chance of winning the championship, though will undoubtedly be aiming to win every one of the last four races before hanging up his leathers for good at the end of the season.

03-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Website Find Reply