Seeley: You’ll see real me at Brands
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley: You’ll see real me at Brands
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Alastair Seeley has vowed to round off a disappointing season in the MCE British Superbike Championship on a high at the final round at Brands Hatch next weekend.

Seeley earned a switch to the BSB class with Tyco Suzuki after he won the British Supersport crown in 2011.

However, he has struggled to make an impact on the GSX-R1000 and is languishing in 13th position in the championship table ahead of the final round.

Seeley failed to finish in the points at Silverstone but intends to sign off in style as the championship reaches a conclusion.

“I really enjoyed the first race dice with Nori Haga and learned a lot from him,” said Seeley, who finished 17th and 18th at Silverstone.

“He has so much experience and once I was behind him he was an expert at defending his lines.

“Despite not taking points I enjoyed my racing at the weekend and I’m looking forward to Brands now, where I believe the real Alastair Seeley can turn up and put on a good show to end the year on a high.”

[Image: seeleynw2012podiumpg.jpg]

In comparison, Aussie Josh Brookes is flying high and is bidding to win the title for the Northern Ireland team at Brands.

Brookes is just nine points behind Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne after finishing third and fourth at Silverstone to take the title race down to the wire.

It was the Australian’s 17th podium this season and he has high hopes of more success at Brands.

“We made a change of tyre to the SC2 for the second race and despite plenty of overtaking at the front I wasn’t able to convert that into the win,” said Brookes.

“I got screwed over a bit at the start of the second race and it cost me time, but when I did get to the front with ‘Shakey’ and Alex [Lowes] – every time I made a pass it was tough to make it stick and they came back past me.

“I’m disappointed not to have taken a win but nine points behind is nothing with 75 up for grabs at Brands.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
03-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Website Find Reply