Lorenzo determined to strengthen lead in Motegi
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lorenzo determined to strengthen lead in Motegi
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

Yamaha Factory Racing heads east to prepare for the Grand Prix of Japan at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit this weekend, with Jorge Lorenzo determined to maintain his strong lead in the championship.

The race is the first of three back to back overseas races before the championship heads back to Valencia for the finale in just over one month’s time. Jorge Lorenzo prepares for Yamaha’s home race determined to sustain his championship point lead over closest rival Dani Pedrosa. The Mallorcan can claim a victory in Motegi in 2009 and a podium in 2011 with second.

Ben Spies has yet to experience a trouble free Motegi, dropping to 15th in 2010 after having to avoid a rider and dropping to last in 2011 after being hit by fallen Valentino Rossi. In both cases the Texan mounted a determined comeback, fighting back to eighth and sixth respectively. After two fifth place finishes in the preceding rounds Spies will be looking to build on this and put on a good show for the fans.

Jorge Lorenzo

"We start the Asiatic tour leading the championship and in a good shape after the Aragón race. For sure it’s going to be difficult because our competitors at this moment of the season are very strong but we have to play our cards in the best possible way. Motegi is a track that I like, I won here in 2009 and I think we can fight for the win again this weekend."

Ben Spies

"I’m looking forward to the weekend. We had some bad luck last year on the first lap when Valentino crashed but we had really good pace. We’ve had a couple of decent results running up to this weekend so hopefully we can put together a good result for Yamaha here at their home race."

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM by Malcolm.)
09-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Website Find Reply