Aitchison returns as the Splitlath Redmond dream team heads to Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Aitchison returns as the Splitlath Redmond dream team heads to Brands Hatch
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

The Splitlath Redmond team is gearing up for the final round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship with the ‘dream team’ rider line-up of Mark Aitchison and Kuba Smrz.

After missing the last three rounds as he recovered from a serious hand injury, Aitchison returns to action this weekend for the triple-header season finale at Brands Hatch.

It will be the first time both riders have lined up together on the outfit’s Aprilia RSV4 machines, and both are determined to end the season well.

Smrz is looking forward to his third round since joining the team, and plans to build on his progress last time out to get as close to the sharp end as possible.

“Silverstone was another big step forward for me, my team and my bike,” he said. “Even though we had bad luck in Qualifying and Race One, in the end we got some points, and gathered more important data and experience.

“I raced at Brands Hatch a few years ago and I like the track. It could be good for my and Splitlath Redmond RSV4.

“What I hope for is to improve again and get closer to podium fight. That will be very difficult but not impossible! I will give more than 100% and try to make the best possible season finale.”

After six restless weeks out of action, Aitchison knows it could be a tough weekend as he makes his return but admits he can’t wait to get back on board his RSV4 at the track where he made his Splitlath Redmond debut back in August.

“Brands Hatch is a track I enjoy riding even though it could be difficult. I haven’t ridden for several weeks and I’m just looking forward to being back out there. Not riding has been so frustrating so it’s going to be really, really good to be back on a bike.

“I genuinely don’t know how the fingers will be, but I do know that I’m going to have to be careful. My surgeon cleared me to ride and all I can do is go out on Friday morning and see how it is and hope it is going to be okay.

“I’m so excited about getting back on the bike and I’m just going to have to go and give it my best shot, see how we get on and take it as it comes.”

Team co-owner John Dimbylow is thrilled to finally have his dream team of Smrz and Aitchison in action together.

“It’s great news that Mark is going to be back. I think we all felt his pain when he injured himself because we could see the amazing corner he had turned with the development of the bike.

“When Kuba joined us we saw another big step forward so to now have them both out there racing together is the perfect way for us to end a busy and interesting season. The whole team is in great spirits as we head to Brands Hatch and we can’t wait to see what our dream team of riders, mechanics and staff can deliver as we bid to end the year on a high.”

10-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Website Find Reply