Brookes: This is my best chance
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes: This is my best chance
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's Josh Brookes has been in contention for a maiden MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship title for the past three seasons, but ahead of the final round at Brands Hatch this weekend the Australian is in the strongest position he has been yet as he lies nine points off the lead.

Brookes has only failed to finish on the podium once in the Showdown and is now hunting down series leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne; his nemesis at the earlier round at Brands Hatch when the pair fought for the victories. Brookes and the Tyco Suzuki team have scored points at every round this season and are now heading to Brands Hatch aiming for their first title win in the class.

Brookes said:

"Mathematically this year is my strongest position going into the Showdown so in that respect this is my best chance; that shows the development we have made, both me as the rider and the team. The six of us are all equally trying to achieve the same goal; we have the same motivation. I have had pressure of championships before when I raced back home in Australia and it is no different to the situation now.

"I hope the fans come out at Brands Hatch to support us. My team are in the best position they can be, I will be riding as hard as I can and to the best of my ability and that is most important. The results are already set in the fact that we can't do any more than we have already, we will have to wait and see now how it unfolds."

12-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Website Find Reply