BROOKES READY FOR BSB SHOWDOWN FINALE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES READY FOR BSB SHOWDOWN FINALE
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's Josh Brookes is primed and ready for the final throw of the dice in this weekend's British Superbike Championship Showdown that kicked-off today at Brands Hatch in Kent for the triple-header finale.

The Australian is just nine points off the British Championship lead and in second place as the series enters the final three races of the season tomorrow and on Sunday. Consistency is paramount in the search of any championship, which Brookes has demonstrated this season with 17 podiums so far, and with three wins in four races at Donington and Assen in the Netherlands, the New South Wales rider is ready for what is being built as the most-exciting showdown in recent history with several riders capable of winning.

Josh Brookes:

"We have worked hard to get this far and we know collectively as a team what job we need to do this weekend to try and win the British Superbike Championship. All six Showdown contenders are mathematically still in with a chance, but I have every confidence in my crew and the GSX-R1000 Suzuki. The rest we will just have to wait and see."

Alastair Seeley:

"This weekend I would like to end the season on a high. We had a good result here at the start of the year but this weekend is about trying to win the Championship as a team. I'll be doing my best to help Josh out if possible."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's been a long hard season and all my team; Josh and the GSX-R1000 Suzuki have proven to be a championship-challenging package. The Showdown format is loved by some and hated by others, but it does guarantee a fitting climax to a very strong and popular British Superbike Championship. Our aim is to change nothing and keep ticking all the right boxes this weekend. The title, in my eyes, is currently in Shakey's own hands. He's got a nine-point lead, he's racing in his own back yard; and also has a good record here, but we'll be doing our utmost to spoil the party. I'm sure there will be a few twists and turns along the way and we have over 200 sponsors and guests with us to enjoy the experience."

Brands Hatch Friday Practice:

1 Alex Lowes (Honda) 1:26.264, 2 Shane Byrne (Kawasaki) 1:26.689, 3 Barry Burrell (BMW) 1:26.731, 4 Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) 1:27.001, 5 Karl Harris (Kawasaki) 1:27.090, 6 James Westmoreland (Honda) 1:27.115, 7 Michael Laverty (Honda) 1:27.327, 8 Tommy Hill (Yamaha) 1:27.362, 9 Tommy Bridewell (BMW) 1:27.401, 10 Chris Walker (Kawasaki) 1:27.467. 24 Alastair Seeley (Tyco Suzuki) 1:28.732.

British Superbike Standings:

1 Shane Byrne (Kawasaki) 608 pts, 2 Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) 599, 3 Alex Lowes (Honda) 584, 4 Tommy Hill (Yamaha) 566, 5 Michael Laverty (Honda) 559, 6 Tommy Bridewell (BMW) 544. 13 Alastair Seeley (Tyco Suzuki) 96.

13-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Website Find Reply