BROOKES PODIUMS IN BRANDS BSB 1ST RACE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES PODIUMS IN BRANDS BSB 1ST RACE
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Josh Brookes took a third-place podium in today's British Superbike Championship opening race at Brands Hatch for Tyco Suzuki and remains second in the 2012 championship battle.

The 2012 MCE British Superbike season reaches a climax tomorrow with the final two races with Brookes now 18 points behind series leader Shane Byrne with a possible 50 up for grabs.

Brookes' Tyco Suzuki team mate Alastair Seeley finished today's shortened race in 19th position when the red flags came out because of rain.

Josh Brookes:

"I got a reasonable jump but got boxed in a bit at turn one, then made good progress. I rode strong for a while then when the brake started to fade I adjusted the adjuster, but it was the wrong way, which made me run into Hawthorn carrying way too much speed. I got it sorted and clawed my way back but the damage had already been done. I did make some good passes, but when it started to rain at the end I really needed some more laps. It was getting pretty slick out there and I was surprised to be third at the end when Alex fell. It's not a satisfactory result but the pressure is now off me and I'll just go out and do my best in tomorrow's two races and hopefully that is enough."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"We are obviously disappointed to drop behind and tomorrow will be a tough task at one of Shakey's best tracks. We have to be honest and say we didn't have the package to beat him here today but we will still try the best we can tomorrow as a team. It's a tough championship and closer than it has been in years, so whatever happens, we have already proven that the combined package of Josh Brookes and the GSX-R1000 Superbike is a genuine title contender; 18 points is a sizeable-enough gap but we have to keep pushing Shakey all the way to the end."

BSB Race 1 Result:

1 Shane Byrne [Kawasaki] 21:49.663; 2 Tommy Hill [Yamaha] +1 lap; 3 Josh Brookes [Tyco Suzuki] +0.095; 4 James Westmoreland [Honda] +1.146; 5 Stuart Easton [Kawasaki] +0.100; 6 Barry Burrell [BMW] +0.140.

14-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Website Find Reply