William Dunlop splits from Wilson Craig Racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop splits from Wilson Craig Racing
[Image: wdunlopgeneral.jpg]

Northern Ireland road racer William Dunlop has split from Wilson Craig Racing following a highly successful two-year partnership, News Letter Sport can reveal.

Dunlop, who secured team owner Craig’s maiden international victories as he triumphed in the Supersport class at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix this season, has decided to seek a new challenge in 2013.

The Ballymoney rider has left Co Londonderry man Craig’s team on good terms following an amicable separation.

Dunlop told the News Letter: “I enjoyed riding for Wilson these past two years but it’s just time to move on now and try something new.

“There’s no hard feelings and I’ve left on good terms. Wilson has been good to me and I’m glad I was the first rider in his team to win international races for him.

“I have a number of options at the moment, but nothing concrete,”
added Dunlop, who also finished on the rostrum for the first time at the Isle of Man TT in the first 600cc race in June.

“In an ideal world I’d prefer to run my own team and build my own bikes, but that is probably going to be unlikely due to funding.

“I don’t think I’ll be stuck for the internationals next year, but I’d like the chance to ride in the British Supersport class.

“I’m hoping now to try and get something tied up this month before the NEC Show.”

A philosophical Craig said he wished Dunlop well for the future and revealed he had an inkling the 27-year-old was poised to leave the team.

“We have parted company on good terms and I wish William all the best,” said Craig, who also ran Cameron Donald on his Honda machines this year.

“He is a good rider and he had two good years with the team.

“Riders come and go and that’s racing. I could see it coming with William and for one reason or another he has decided to go a different way.

“That chapter is now over and I will see where I go from here.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

19-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Website Find Reply