Barry Sheene
Anonymous
Unregistered

Barry Sheene
I realise that Barry is not everybodys favourite person in here.
However, I am sure I am not the only one who is sad to hear that he appears to be losing his battle against cancer.
I sincerely hope that it isnt true...
I would also like to send my support to him "over the ether.."
Hang in the Barry...

Mike
24-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Barry Sheene
I agree Mike thats fair comment cant really say anymore but i am thinking of you Barry in your biggest battle.
24-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I, too, totally agree with both of you, whatever your opinion is of the man, nobody deserves this fate. His presence on our TV motorsport broadcasts is sorely missed. An extremely popular personality in Australia.
24-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I make no apology for the following statement:
I have, and always will feel affronted and disgusted by Barry Sheene's comments regarding the Isle of Man and the TT in particular.

However, I like many others have watched on while a loved one has succumbed to cancer. It is a hard and harrowing experience and not one that one would wish on anybody. I truly hope that God is on his side and that he beats the odds, as he has done in the past, and makes a full recovery. My thoughts are with his family that they can have the strength to give him the support, and will, to make his recovery. Good luck Barry.

24-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

No reservations- He was, and is, entitled to his opinions on road racing TT, etc. I really wish Barry the best of British and colonial luck.
24-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i rode against barry from club races to gp,ok he didnt like the tt maybe he should have rode in the manx gp like the rest of us but the man is special. barry was 2nd 125 world chps in what?1971. A BRILLIANT RIDER,conditions didnt mean you could do any better against him,wet ,sleet windy, it didnt matter to barry.i think he would of mastered the tt if he had tried to natural abilty is a gift and barry had that.
best of luck to you champ. see you soon. bj
27-02-2003, 02:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Barry Sheene has annoyed me like no other for almost 30 years.From the bottom of my heart I hope the guy riles me for another 30...
02-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Perfectly put..I agree.Come on, Barry...annoy me some more...you can do it. Seriously, best wishes, if anyone can fight you can.
02-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

just looking for information on barry sheens health when a news bullitan came on the tele,barry sheene has past away this afternoon on the gold coast,queensland,australia.
10-03-2003, 07:55 AM