Ryan Farquhar saw Amor as his ‘toughest opponent’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ryan Farquhar saw Amor as his ‘toughest opponent’
[Image: ryanflogo77.jpg]

Ulster road racing superpower Ryan Farquhar says Scottish hard-man Keith Amor was the toughest opponent he ever faced during his illustrious career.

The Dungannon rider reflects on the highs and lows of his 17-years in the sport in a special tribute pull-out in Friday’sNews Letter.

In an exclusive interview with the News Letter in August, Farquhar revealed he was quitting motorcycle racing for good following the death of his uncle, Trevor Ferguson, at the Manx Grand Prix.

He recalls some of the most significant moments of his career in our eight-page special on Friday and in typical no-holds-barred fashion, Farquhar doesn’t mince his words.

The 36-year-old clashed with some of road racing’s most celebrated names as he battled for supremacy between the hedges, riders in the mould of Richard Britton, Martin Finnegan, Darran Lindsay, Adrian Archibald and most recently, Michael Dunlop.

[Image: ryanandamorbattle.jpg]

However, Farquhar remembers his scintillating duels over a three-year period with Falkirk man Amor from 2009-11 as his most challenging assignments.

“On the National scene, over the longest period of time I would say Keith Amor was my hardest rival,” Ryan said.

“I had some good races with Martin Finnegan, Richard Britton, Darran Lindsay, Adrian Archibald and Michael Dunlop, but I raced against Keith for the longest period.

“He was my biggest rival and wouldn’t give an inch, but neither would I.

“They were good times and I have a lot of good memories about those races,” he added.

“Cameron Donald is another one as well, but if I’m still living in 30 years time I think I’ll look back on the races I had with Keith Amor as being the hardest.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 09:26 AM by Malcolm.)
02-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Website Find Reply