Seeley bids to regain Supersport crown in Championship comeback
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley bids to regain Supersport crown in Championship comeback
[Image: seeleygearlink1.jpg]

Former British Supersport champion Alastair Seeley is set to make a return to the class next season as the 'Wizard' was confirmed today (Wednesday) as lining up alongside former arch rival Ben Wilson in the Gearlink Kawasaki team for 2013.

Seeley won the 2011 title by just a single point from Wilson after the pair had intensely fought all season long for the crown and now the pair will be team-mates in Michael De Bidaph's title-contending squad. Seeley had his first taste of the Gearlink Kawasaki with a brief shakedown recently at Mallory Park in wet conditions but is looking forward to the new challenge.

Seeley said:

"I am really looking forward to getting back into Supersport, as it is more suited to me and I will be trying to win the title again. I last raced a Kawasaki back in 2007 in the Irish Superbike Championship and the Gearlink team have offered me a great package in the British paddock plus the chance to do the North West. I had a brief spin out recently to just get the feel and get the pegs and bars in the right position so when we head out again we are ready to move things on. I am looking forward to the new challenge and it will be a strong team with myself and Ben, as team-mates I am sure we will push each other all the way."

07-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Website Find Reply