Points Target For PBMUK And Ellison At Valencia
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Points Target For PBMUK And Ellison At Valencia
[Image: pbmuknewlogo.jpg]

The final round of the 2012 MotoGP World Championship takes place at Valencia in Spain this weekend with both James Ellison and the Penrith-based PBMUK team looking to end the season in style.

The Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana will see Ellison, from Kendal, hoping to bounce back following a crash in the previous round at Phillip Island in Australia which ended the good run of results and had seen him climb to 16th in the standings.

The 31-year-old former World Endurance and double European Superstock champion can mathematically improve to 15th with a solid points scoring ride to match those at Le Mans and Sepang where he impressed and if he could manage that, it would round off a successful season for both rider and team.

With further improvements to the Claiming Rules Team (CRT) specification Aprilia ART recently, James has every chance of challenging the leading CRT riders also and if he can score points again, it will mean he has only missed out on seeing the chequered flag on six occasions out of the 18 Grands Prix this season.

Paul Bird, Team Owner:

"I've not been to a GP for a while so I'm looking forward to Valencia and I'm hoping that James and the team can get the result they deserve to end the season in style. This year has been a massive challenge and it's fair to say it's been very difficult at times but we are committed to this project and we had to start somewhere. Despite all the pressure, James has done a brilliant job in establishing us into MotoGP and I'd like to thank him as it's been a bit tough at times and wish him well in the future. The team has also done a remarkable job in their first season and all this hard work will stand us in good stead for next season and beyond."

09-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Website Find Reply