JOSH BROOKES TO CONTEST 2013 ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JOSH BROOKES TO CONTEST 2013 ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

Australian Josh Brookes, runner up in the 2012 British Superbike Championship, will make his Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy debut next June. He will line up for Northern Ireland based Tyco Suzuki team - one of the most successful teams in TT history.

The Sydney born rider burst onto the scene when he won a World Supersport round at Phillip Island as a 'wildcard' in 2004 and won Australian Superbike and Supersport domestic titles in 2005 as well as finishing third in a fiercely competitive World Supersport Championship in 2008.

Josh began racing in the British Superbike Championship in 2009 and to date has started over 100 races, winning eleven. He finished 2nd in the 2010 championship and also finished runner up overall this season, a campaign that included 20 podiums, contributing to 50 overall career BSB podiums.

Brookes, 29, fell in love with the Isle of Man TT Mountain Circuit on his first visit back in 2009, but having sampled the atmosphere in and around the TAS Racing camp during TT Race Week in 2011 and 2012, and participated in parade laps on the Mountain Course, the Australian now feels the time is right to add his name to the entry list.

Speaking from his New South Wales home, Brookes said:

"I'm glad it's out in the open now as all the question about whether I was going to ride or not - and not being able to say anything - was getting a bit tiring. Since making the decision I've taken in some reconnaissance trips and spoken to a number of influential people. I fell in love with the place on my first visit back in 2009 and now that I'm with what I regard as the best team at the event in Tyco Suzuki - it gives me peace of mind. It's too early to be setting any goals. It's the beginning of a new project and we'll just see how it goes."

[Image: joshbrooksttpromo1.jpg]

Team Manager Philip Neill added:

"As a team with a strong background in pure Road Racing I suppose it was inevitable that Josh would like to have a go at the TT. He's one of the highest profile newcomers to come to the TT in recent years, but I know it's not a spur of the moment idea - he has given it careful consideration. We won't be expecting any miracle results and there is certainly no pressure on him. Our job is to use our experience and guide him to our best ability, but Josh is a sensible lad."

Department of Economic Development, TT and Motorsport Development Manager Paul Phillips commented:

"We are really pleased to be able to confirm Josh Brookes participation in next year's event. Josh is a genuine world-class rider at the peak of his powers and his decision to compete in the event highlights the increasing appeal of the TT to the very best riders from all over the world. I am sure his appearance is going to generate a lot of interest with the TT fans."

[Image: joshbrooksttpromo2.jpg]

Josh Brookes will be appearing at Motorcycle Live this Sunday as part of the Mad Sunday TT event, featuring on the Blackhorse Main Stage as well as taking part in signing sessions with the other leading TT competitors on the Isle of Man TT Paddock Experience Stand.

28-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: JOSH BROOKES TO CONTEST 2013 ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's Josh Brookes will make his Isle of Man TT debut next year with International road racer Guy Martin in the Northern Ireland-based team - although his main focus will remain on winning next season's BSB title.

No mention of Conor Cummins in any official press releases as yet, although rumour has it that it was announced on Twitter that TAS are in negotiations with him for the 2013 season.

Bikesport News say - British Superbike star Josh Brookes will fulfill a long-term ambition and race both Superbike and Superstock machinery at next year’s Isle of Man TT as part of a three-man Tyco Suzuki team.

(This post was last modified: 28-11-2012, 04:42 PM by Malcolm.)
28-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Website Find Reply