Dunlop backs Hall of Fame award
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dunlop backs Hall of Fame award
[Image: 2013halloffame1.jpg]
William Dunlop, David White (Charles Hurst) and Peter Gordon (Charles Hurst Marketing Director),
launch the Enkalon Irish Motorcyclist of the Year Hall of Fame award

One of the most eagerly awaited announcements at the Enkalon Irish Motorcyclist of the Year presentations in association with Adelaide on Friday, January 18 will be to hear who will receive the Charles Hurst Yamaha Hall of Fame Award at the black tie function in the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Belfast.

William Dunlop, recently signed to ride for the Milwaukee Yamaha Team, yesterday helped launch the sponsorship of this particular award.

“My dad Robert was really proud to be the first person ever to be put into Irish Motorcycling’s Hall of Fame, so I am delighted to help Charles Hurst Yamaha launch their sponsorship of this years award,” said the Ballymoney ace.

“My brother Michael and I would love to join dad in the Hall of Fame some day — but not for a few years yet.

“With both of us securing factory rides in 2013 it is going to be an exciting season ahead.”

Peter Gordon, the marketing director of Charles Hurst. added: “We are thrilled to be backing this years’ Hall of Fame Award. It is one of the most prestigious awards in the sport and on Friday week we will be honouring a true Northern Ireland great.

“I know who the winner is and he’s one of the best riders we have ever produced. All will be revealed on January 18.

“As sole Yamaha distributor we are delighted to be giving something back to the community that supports us.

“It is also great to have William help launch our award as I have fond memories of his father Robert and uncle Joey racing at the North West 200. “

Previous winners of this coveted award have been Robert Dunlop, Phillip McCallen, Brian Reid, Gary Cowan, Ray McCullough, Eddie Laycock, Sammy Miller, Joey Dunlop and last year Steven Cull, who received a standing ovation from the packed audience as he collected his trophy.

McCullough will help present the Hall of Fame Award along with David White of Charles Hurst, while Brian Reid, Phillip McCallen, Gary Cowan and Steven Cull will all be in attendance along with John McGuinness, Michael Rutter and Ian Hutchinson on this special night for our biking stars.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:59 AM by Malcolm.)
10-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Website Find Reply