Tandragee 100 - NEW FACE AT THE HELM FOR 2013
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tandragee 100 - NEW FACE AT THE HELM FOR 2013
[Image: tandragee100logo.jpg]

The ever progressive North Armagh Motorcycle and Car Club have once again broken new ground in motorcycling with the appointment of the first female Clerk of the Course for a National Road Race with Anne Forsythe taking the role for the 2013 edition of the Tandragee 100 on 3rd & 4th May 2013.

Daughter of long time Club member, and past Clerk of the Course Ian Forsythe, and she also holds the post of Vice Chair of the MCUI Ulster Centre, another first for her gender.

Anne has been involved with motorcycling all her life, and has been the first female Assistant Clerk of Course at a Short Circuit, first female Clerk of the Course at a Short Circuit and has been actively involved in the organisation and running of the Tandragee 100 for many years, as Club Steward, Race Secretary, Programme Co-ordinator, and Event Safety Plan Co-ordinator.

Commenting on her new appointment, Anne was keen to point out that the Tandragee 100 is a team run event, with over 800 volunteers required to run the event, and working with agencies such as the PSNI, DRD, Armagh City & District Council, NI Fire & Rescue Service, Red Cross, St Johns & the Southern Health & Social Care Trust.

[Image: annforsythe1.jpg]

Anne said about the event:

"I love the Tandragee 100 because it is the largest National Road Race in Ireland in that it has the longest lap of any National Road Race and has been praised by international competitors as a "mini TT" with its fast sweeping corners, tight twisty sections, the 180mph Cabragh Straight. The 5.3 mile course is a test of road racing unmatched by other national courses. It's the only national event that runs clockwise and offers both fast and technical stretches which offers the competitors a real challenge and the opportunity to set up their bikes for the International Events including the NW200 and IOM TT."

She continued:

"I also love that it is truly a socially and culturally inclusive event open to al l"it's a family friendly event". I've been coming to motorcycle events with my Dad since I was a small child it's great that Mums and Dads can bring the kids, free of charge, right into the Tandragee 100 Paddock to mingle with the riders and soak up the excitement, the noise and smell of the bikes."

"We also make special provision for those with for example physical disabilities ie ramp access to the main grandstand and wheelchair access toilets, etc; we have Child Protection Officers, a Multiple Faith Chaplaincy Service, and Welfare Officers on site to ensure riders, spectators, officials and volunteers are appropriately looked after."

On recent publicity regarding Road Race costs she had this to say: "It has been widely reported about the soaring Public Liability Insurance costs for all racing events as “it will mean nearly a 10% increase in the premium for the Tandragee 100" we must secure £30 million PL cover in order to be granted our Road Closing Order from the DRD and Permit Number from the MCUI."

"Now, more than at any time in the past, we urgently need the support of everyone who follows Road Racing in Ireland. We encourage everyone to attend as many races as you possibly can this year and please help all the Clubs by buying programmes, merchandise, grandstand tickets, making a voluntary contribution at the gate, attending any fundraising events in your area, become a sponsor, etc. Come and support your local event!"

[Image: northarmaghclublogo.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 31-01-2013, 08:32 AM by Malcolm.)
31-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Website Find Reply