Racing at Errol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Racing at Errol
I desperatly need a look at, or a copy of, programmes from Errol, either Dundee and Angus or Perth and District meetings, during the fifties and sixties, to help with the book. I'm happy to pay for them, well..... almost happy, or have a copy made and return your original. Anyone out there race at Errol? Fame beckons!!

16-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Racing at Errol
Jake i may be able to help you out here! I was speaking to a chap who said he used to run these meetings! He still had in his posession lots of original Entry forms from the likes of Bob Mac etc and also programmes! Only problem was, This was about two years ago! He also stated that in fact the Dundee and Angus motorcycle club has still a considerable amount of funds in its bank acct. Which may be put to use??????
Im sure the Melville MCC would benefit from that so i will gladly look into it for you!
Regards John
18-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great news re contacts with old Errol organisers John!
ANY help gratefully received, and what about ex racers? Know any? Similarly, any ex competitors at any KDMC event, on or off road; I need to speak to them ALL or their surviving relatives. They may have photos fron the period I am working on, 1922 to NOW!
The Melville Club would surely be the best place for any excess funding, what about a quid from each rider/marshal/official and race fan?
Shove it in an envelope and post it off! They'd soon have enough for their redevelopment. Mine will be the first to go!
18-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We would be most grateful Jake! The aim as always is to make things better for the competitors, marshals, officials and spectators.... Are you coming along April 26th & 27th?
18-03-2003, 06:28 PM