LEADING BRITISH SUPERSTOCK RIDER JONATHAN HOWARTH TO MAKE HIS DEBUT AT THE TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
LEADING BRITISH SUPERSTOCK RIDER JONATHAN HOWARTH TO MAKE HIS DEBUT AT THE TT
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

LEADING BRITISH SUPERSTOCK RIDER JONATHAN HOWARTH TO MAKE HIS DEBUT AT THE ISLE OF MAN TT RACES

British Superstock Championship rider Jonathan Howarth is set to make his debut in the 2013 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy in June. He will compete in the Dainese Superbike, Royal London 360? Superstock, and Pokerstars Senior TT Races.

The 29-year old will ride a 1000cc Kawasaki for Sheff Pack Kawasaki in all three races and will fulfil an ambition of competing on the Mountain Course having previously contested the North West 200 Road Races.

Howarth, from Barnsley in Yorkshire, rode a Honda Firebalde in 2010 and acquitted himself well around the high-speed venue in Northern Ireland, lapping in excess of 112mph on his way to achieving a best place of 21st in the Superstock Race. He finished ahead of seasoned road racers including John Burrows, Davy Morgan, Michael Sweeney and Paul Shoesmith.

Having started his racing career in 2003, Howarth won the derby Phoenix Club Championship and soon moved into National competition with three seasons in the National Superstock Cup. His best result of 6th overall came in 2007, which included podium finishes at Thruxton and Cadwell Park. In 2008, he moved up to the feature British Superstock Championship where he has remained ever since, consistently moving up the leaderboard and becoming a regular top 15 finisher.

Riding firstly for his own privately run team and latterly for Team Green Kawasaki, his best results came in 2011 when he claimed a superb 11th place overall in one of the most fiercely competitive classes in the championship. Results included fifth at Oulton Park and top ten finishes at Thruxton, Snetterton and Donington Park.

[Image: jonathanhaworth1.jpg]

Commenting on his TT races debut, Jonathan Howarth said:

"It's always been an ambition of mine to compete in the TT Races. The Mountain Course is the ultimate circuit and I'm confident that I've got everything in place to go well. I've still got a lot of preparation work and will be looking to get over to the Island as often as possible to get to really learn the course but the organisers have really helped to make me feel welcome."

Paul Phillips, TT and Motorsport Manager, Isle of Man Government, commented:

"Jonathan is a great rider who has proved himself on both the roads and on the short circuits. He's one of a growing number of modern professional riders who are confident on both the roads and short circuits and I'm sure that he'll do well on the Mountain Course this year."

Pic by:- GW Sports Photography

01-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Website Find Reply