Rossi reverts to 2012 bike at Sepang
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi reverts to 2012 bike at Sepang
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

Having suffered an engine problem with his latest equipment, Valentino Rossi made a brief switch back to last year’s Yamaha Factory Racing bike as MotoGP™ pre-season testing continued in Malaysia on Tuesday. The Italian ended a rain-affected day in fifth position, with teammate Jorge Lorenzo second.

“Unfortunately we had less than half a day,” Rossi explained to motogp.com in a video interview. “We started at ten o’clock and had something to do, but then we had a small problem with the engine on the new chassis we’re working on. So we had to stop that bike and continue with my old bike but I’m quite happy because my pace wasn’t too bad, even on the 2012 bike. But because of the rain the afternoon was useless, so it’s a pity because it’s boring and we can’t do anything.”

Lorenzo had less to report, having also spent the majority of his day in the pit lane.

“We didn’t try any special items today, but just try to improve our current settings and make some modifications,” the world champion began. “We need to improve the acceleration a little bit, but there’s no new pieces for the moment. The difference from the first Sepang test is that the rain over the last few days has left the tarmac in a much worse condition.”

26-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Website Find Reply