Samsung Honda kick start 2013: The return of Kiyo, Lowes makes team debut
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Samsung Honda kick start 2013: The return of Kiyo, Lowes makes team debut
[Image: samsunghondahdr.jpg]

Samsung Honda were out in force at Cadwell Park today (Monday) for the opening day of their pre-season testing programme as Ryuichi Kiyonari made his much-anticipated return alongside Alex Lowes who made his debut with the team at their home circuit.

The team have been working hard back at their Louth base to prepare for the first test which took place in dry conditions, with the pair getting to grips with the Fireblades and looking ahead to their second day on track tomorrow.

Kiyonari said:

"I am very happy to be back; it was a very good day working with the Samsung Honda team again, especially Adrian (Gorst). I like Cadwell Park, because I think it is like my home circuit and today we made a good start; tomorrow we can keep improving. I didn't want to stop once I had started now that I am back on the Superbike! I was getting comfortable again on the Superbike after racing a 600 last year - I am really happy to be back."

[Image: kiyoinsamsungleathers.jpg]

Lowes said:

"I haven't ridden since Brands Hatch so to get out and have a blast around Cadwell Park was mega! I was a bit nervous at the start of the day, but it didn't last long and we have been working really well together as a team. I ended the first day feeling comfortable and I felt at home on the bike a lot quicker than I expected. Sometimes it takes the whole first day but I felt happy almost straight away. The team have been great and it has been good working with Kiyo. It has definitely been a solid first day for us."

Team manager Havier Beltran concluded:

"This morning we waited and assessed the track because it was quite cold but despite the delay we had a very productive first day. There was no point rushing this morning and once we started the team worked well and both of the Superbike riders put in around 40 - 50 laps, with Jason a bit less on the Supersport bike. Tomorrow the forecast is expected to be better so hopefully we can continue with the work we have scheduled ahead of the official test at Donington Park."

04-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Website Find Reply