MCE BSB Official test: Samsung Honda wrap up at Snetterton with Lowes fastest
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MCE BSB Official test: Samsung Honda wrap up at Snetterton with Lowes fastest
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

The Samsung Honda team have completed their final day of official testing at Snetterton with the former title-winners utilising the track time to continue their programme ahead of the opening round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch on 5/6/7 April.

Alex Lowes topped the morning session as he maintained his pace from Donington Park, completing 30 laps of the Norfolk circuit alongside team-mate Ryuichi Kiyonari. The returning champion was determined to push ahead with their schedule and after finishing their test before the afternoon session was upbeat, as he joked off a high-side which he was able to save.

Lowes said:

"It felt good this morning and it is nice to be back at Snetterton. Yesterday was a bit frustrating that we didn't get any laps in but I have had my leathers on since 8am and was going to go out today even if it snowed! I am happy with the laps we have been able to do this morning, I feel good on the bike and I didn't want to push too hard because you can easily do something stupid. The team have been great and I feel really calm because we have been getting on well and making steps forward. I am not worried about the pace, because in these conditions everyone will be off the times we ran at the event but it feels good to be in the position we are. The confidence was there and I am really happy."

Kiyonari added:

"It has been quite cold but it is important to get laps before the start of the season. We have been trying to test some different parts again and it has been hard to compare today, but I think it will make Brands Hatch more interesting! We did some laps this morning and also I was very lucky as I nearly crashed with a high-side; it happened very fast and I was off the bike but I landed back on. I thought 'lucky' and then carried on with some more laps! It has been better to do this today than no laps at all and now we think about Brands Hatch and the first races."

22-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Website Find Reply