MILEAGE FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA AT SNETTERTON OFFICIAL TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILEAGE FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA AT SNETTERTON OFFICIAL TEST
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team have completed the final MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship official test at Snetterton today as James Ellison and Josh Waters debuted at the Snetterton 300 circuit in Norfolk.

James Ellison continued to build on his previous experience with the team and set the third fastest time in the afternoon as they made positive steps forward with settings despite the cold conditions. Josh Waters proved he can quickly adapt to the new tracks and conditions as he clocked the sixth fastest time despite still learning the characteristics of the Yamaha and the Norfolk circuit.

Waters said:

"It has been good to ride three different circuits which is pretty cool for me as I don't know any of them! The weather might not have been great in terms of temperature, but at the same time it is good for me to get the feel of the bike in the dry so now I know it feels good in the damp and the wet conditions. I have been adapting to the Milwaukee Yamaha and I think we have made a good start to the season. I just have to keep plugging away and we will then be ready to roll!"

[Image: jamesellisonatsnett2013.jpg]

Ellison said:

"I feel happy that we have been able to get some more laps in this week and I feel really at home with the Milwaukee Yamaha team. It has been better today as after lunch we had done good laps on old tyres, whilst working on the suspension and then we decided to test with new rubber and the first lap we went fastest but then unfortunately there was a red flag. We called it a day later in the afternoon because we felt content with what we had achieved and now we can look ahead to the next time we are on track."

Team Co-ordinator Mick Shanley concluded:

"It has been a good test for us; the weather might not have been great at times, but we have new riders and crew joining us who all worked together on track for the first time last week. We have been able to use the track time and we are happy with what has been achieved."

22-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Website Find Reply