New German BMW Road Race Team to make debut at Vauxhall International 2013 N W 200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
New German BMW Road Race Team to make debut at Vauxhall International 2013 N W 200
[Image: nw200logo2013.jpg]

Penz13.com BMW Racing Team to field 4 riders from Germany, Japan, England and Switzerland in German BMW team’s debut at the Vauxhall International 2013 North West 200

2013 will see the Penz13.com BMW Racing Team fielding a spectacular four rider line up at the Vauxhall International North West 200 on May 18. Team boss Rico Penzkofer, who has raced at Portrush himself and finished as top newcomer in 2009, retired from racing after last year’s Macau Grand Prix. But the German road race star is passionate about pure road racing and he has vowed to bring his new team to the famous Triangle course for the BMW mounted squad’s road racing debut.

‘The roads always have been my passion and that’s why I also want to heighten their profile by bringing my own team and a strong German squad.’ Rico explained as he unveiled his 2013 plans.

English rider Steve Mercer will be joined by the young German rider Steven Michels alongside Matsushita Yoshinari from Japan and Switzerland’s Herve Ganthner in the four man team.

31 year old Mercer is no stranger to the North West course and he is looking forward to racing the 8.9 mile circuit on the superfast BMW S1000RR superbike this year. “I'm delighted to be part of Penz13.com for 2013.’ He said as the team line-up was revealed. ‘I've raced Rico in various different races over the last couple of years and have always been very impressed by the standard of his bikes and team. I welcome the opportunity to ride for a team with so much experience - particularly as for 2013, the team has been working with the BMW S1000rr and HP4 from day one. Hopefully I can add my experience into the team and between us we can get the results we are all looking for.”

[Image: stevemercerwin.jpg]

The 22 year old Steven Michels from Radebeul has already earned top ten positions in the German Superbike Championship (IDM) and had a very successful debut at the International Road Racing Championship (IRRC) last year. He won at Schleiz and made a podium finish at Hengelo and Chimay in Belgium as well.

The squad will be strengthened by Swiss rider Herve Ganthner, who will also ride a BMW S 1000 RR in the Superbike and Superstock races.

The fourth rider in the 2013 line up will be Matsushita Yoshinari from Japan who has enjoyed a long association with the Penz13.com Racing Team, racing the BMW at the last two TTs and at the Macau Grand Prix 2012.

22-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Website Find Reply